Today we have deployed VMware vRealize Infrastructure Navigator appliance. This app is part of our vRealize Operation Manager Advanced and Enterprise environment. This intriduction is a new project at my Company, and I’m glad to lead that.
The reason why I’m writing this post, because when we deployed Infrastructure Navigator, we got this error message: “An unknown VM access error has occurred”
Unfortunately it isn’t worked 😦 but I’m sharing this link, maybe will help for somebody who are looking for solution similar problem.
We find an other blog: http://www.virtualiseme.net.au/index.php/resetting-vin-database/ whitch explan how could reset database of Infrastructure Navigator.
- Log onto the VIN server as root
- Run the command : monit stop vadm-engine This will stop the VIN service
- Execute the file: /opt/vadm-db-config/bin/drop_db.sh This will drop the VIN database
- Execute the file /opt/vadm-db-config/bin/update_db.sh This will re configure the database
- run the command: monit start vadm-engineThis will start the VIN service The appliance should then start preparing the environment.
- Another good command to run is monit summary this will show the service status.
A good advice: don’t overwrite Infr. Navigator host name, because the first step won’t be work!!