First of all, you can install and configure Veeam Backup and Replication content pack in vRealize Log Insight. Follow instructions of this document.
- In Log Insight jump to Content Packs / Veeam Backup & Replication / Alerts menu
- Click “vbr – Backup job failed”
The content pack will create a query of failed backups.
- Change the name of alert as you wish or leave default
- You can edit Description and Recommendation
- Fill “Sent to vRealize Operation Manager” checkbox
- Hit the “Select…” button and select your Veeam Backup&Replication server (VM or Windows layer)
- Set criticality to Critical
- Check Auto Cancel option
- Click “Send test alert” button
- Save to my alerts
If you do everything right you will see the test alert in vRealize Operation Manager (wait 5 minutes before you start troubleshooting)
You can see the alert on VM or Windows layer dash or if you select Alert button, you will see the alert under it.
The alert comes as Notification event so you can create Notification settings under Alerts / Notification settings if you want to receive an e-mail alert.