I would like to share my VMUG presentation about VMware Log Insight.
Advice for installation:
- Install one medium size appliance, use different IP wich U use to cluster
- Use Eager Zeroed DS because of avoiding performance issues
- End of configuration don’t configure vSphere hosts
- Create VIP despite of you don’t want a cluster!!!
- Use DNS name resolution
- Now U can integrate Log Insight with your vSphere environment
If you miss creating VIP address for Log Insight, and you integrate it with your vSphere environment, the IP address of Log Insight node will write to Syslog.global.logHost value. If you want to change your IP of Log Insight, or you want to create cluster environment (eg.: scaling) you should change log value on every vSphere host.
In case of you rerun vSphere integration process in Log Insight, it does not solve your problem, because of Log Insight will add the new address to value (don’t overwrite it).
Yes, I know, you can change it by script, but I think it is a better solution, isn’t it? 🙂
I’m planning to create a new article series, where I will share more details about the install process and content packs integration. I have created more than 100+ page documentation in this topic under introduction. It is not finished yet! 🙂
vThing has created a great new blog post, you can reach details of the event on this link:
If you have any question, don’t hesitate to contact me!